Andrew Colborn is a sergeant for Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Department.
Andrew Colborn timeline
- In 1994 or 1995 Colborn was a Corrections Officer. He received a call from a detective outside the Manitowoc area who said someone they had in their custody said MTSO may have someone in custody for something he did. Since Colborn had no knowledge of what case this was about, he gave the detective a phone number of one of MTSO’s detectives. He then forwarded the phone call.
- 12 September 2003 - one day after Steven Avery is released. Colborn discusses the phone call with his captain, James Lenk. At the advice of Lenk, Colborn writes a statement about his phone call transfer in the mid nineties.
- 3 November 2005 - Colborn attempts to visit Chuck Avery after a photographer had been reported missing earlier that day. When he arrived at Charles’ residence Steven Avery approached him. Steven told Colborn that Teresa was at the Avery Auto Salvage about 15:00 hours on Monday and that he saw her out the window taking photos of his sister's van. He further stated he never talked to her. When Colborn asked if he knew where she was going next Steven said again he never talked to her. Colborn then left the salvage yard and shared this information with Calumet county who wrote a report about it.
- 3 November 2005 (uncertainty) - Colborn calls dispatch to, as he says, confirm whether he had remembered correctly information he received from Mark Wiegert, being the license plate number of Teresa Halbach's RAV4, the car's year and make.
- 5 November 2005 - Colborn finds leg irons and hand cuffs in Steven Avery's bedroom.
- 8 November 2005 - Colborn finds .22 bullets in a record cabinet in Steven Avery's bedroom. After Colborn was done with searching the record cabinet and continued his search elsewhere in the bedroom, James Lenk notices a Toyota car key close to the record cabinet. The key is collected, but the three officers, Colborn, Lenk and Kucharski, are not sure about how that key got there.
- May 2006 - Colborn writes a report about his involvement in the Avery case at the request of Calumet.
- 20 February 2007 - Colborn appears as a witness at Steven Avery's trial.